Wednesday, March 26, 2008

P.I.J.......

Okay, so this is going to be a multiple post kind of day. When a random thought hits me, you're gonna hear about it.



First of all, here is a picture of what snow looks like on March 26th.



I still believe this is evil snow. It just doesn't have the same "dissapear on camera" ability that the snow from this morning did. And, in the spirit of my friend Ashlee's post from today, I'm grateful for the moisture it is bringing to this dry desert area. (was that okay, Ashlee?) But dangit, it's starting to stick!! Ooops....that last one wasn't so positive. But I'm trying!

Now, for the explanation of P.I.J. I believe I may have just coined a new term for a condition that most pregnant women have. (If someone else has already discovered this condition, forgive me.) Pregnancy Induced Justification. I am now to the point of the pregnancy where I blame everything on being pregnant. Like my emotions, feeling, actions, words that come out of my mouth, food that goes in my mouth, forgetting stuff...you get the idea. Heck, who am I kiddiding? I've pretty much blaming all that on the pregnancy since day 1! Take this morning, for example. My visiting teaching partner, Julie, and I had planned to run something to all the sisters we visit. We were meeting at the 1st house at 10:30. I was tired this morning (well, all the time, really). I had gotten dressed, put my contacts in...just needed to do hair and make-up, which I knew I could do in about 10 minutes. Cory had come home for a few minutes. Jake was content watching TV in his jammies. I thought, I've got about 40 minutes. I just need to rest my eyes for a few minutes, then I'll finish getting ready. I woke up from "resting my eyes" at 1030. Got hair and make-up done in a record 5 minutes! Thank Heaven's Cory was home, so I didn't have to worry about getting Jake ready, too. But, it's all okay. I'm pregnant, and my body obviously needed the rest, right? Or, how about letting Jake watch far too much TV during the day? I'm pregnant, and just don't have the energy to be an active Mommy, right? Or, how about the latest craving of ice cream? Obviously, the baby has been low on calcium (no, I eat too many Tums, can't be that), or sugar (that's just crazy), or artificial mint flavoring (that must be it). I wouldn't be eating it every day, otherwise. Besides, I'm also craving fresh baby spinach, so that has to cancel out anything bad in the ice cream. Pregnancy Induced Justification. I wonder how I go about getting that in the OB Medical Journals??

4 comments:

Valarie said...

P.I.J. That is hilarious. I am still using this excuse and I haven't been pregnant in, um, ten months.

Lynn said...

LOL! Yup! It's the pregnancy. That was my story then too, and I will forever be sticking to it. : D

Ashlee said...

I think it's brilliant. :0) Women should be able to get away with blaming it all on the pregnancy. We suffer! A lot! I think pregnancy should just be a free ticket like Pass Go AND collect $2,000,000! :0)
The baby does need mint choc chip ice cream. It's important to properly nourish the fetus. :0)

Are You Serious! said...

♥ It snowed here today also!

My husband has one more term left and then will be graduating with his BSN...