Saturday, March 15, 2008

How was your night?

I've developed a theory about my braincells. I've decided that the braincells that are in charge of waking me up to pee in the middle of the night are also the braincells that are paranoid and illogical. The logical and levelheaded braincells are deep sleepers, and usually sleep all night long.
I woke up at about 4am to potty, and I swore I heard a buzzing sound. I flipped on the lights, expecting to see a wasp, but I didn't see anything. Why a wasp? We found what we think were 2 baby wasps in our house yesterday. So I went back to bed. I was uncomfortable, and couldn't get back to sleep. So the paranoid braincells jumped at the chance to do their thing. This is what happened.

I bet there is a colony of wasps in our crawlspace, planning an attack on
us. (are you kidding?) They are gonna swarm and sting us
repeatedly. I just know it. They'll go after Alex first. They
always sting him. Where's my cellphone, in case I need to call animal
control? (why animal control, and not 911? I don't know.)


This type of thinking went on for about an hour before one of my levelheaded braincells woke up and threatened my paranoid braincells to leave me alone and let me sleep, or else. I finally dozed off around 5am, when Jake came in. He was freezing, so I put him in bed with us, and got him situtated. I grabbed this opportunity for another potty run. As I was getting up to go, this is what happened.

Jake- "Mom, did you find the key?"

Me- "Um, what?"

Jake- "Did you find the key?'

Me-" No, I didn't. Go back to sleep."

What? I don't recall looking for a key. So after doing my thing, I climed back in bed, again unable to sleep. I spent the next half hour trying to figure out what he must have been dreaming about. I finally went back to sleep. Unfortunatly, that little hour and a half of wasted time has severely affected my ability to function. I am pretty much worthless today. I can honestly say I am ready for this baby to get here. Maybe then my paranoid and illogical braincells will be so exhasted from lack of sleep, they won't be able to funtion. Here's hoping the next few weeks fly by!

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

Hah! So glad to hear I'm not the only crazy one! I have a severely overactive imagination and think crazy things all the time. It's one of the main reasons that I can't watch scary movies. I lay in bed for AT LEAST an hour every night trying to shut my brain off. I'm not even pregnant!

Bonnie the Boss said...

I am not pregnant either. I read when my mind does this or I would never sleep. My mind can think of the things that are giong to hurt my family durring the day. So at night it goes into overdrive. Thats why on a slow reading year I read over 100 books.
Hope fully tonight will be better for you. I know it is harder when you are pregnant. Good Luck.
Bonnie