Monday, March 10, 2008

Last Lecture.....

I found a link to this professors "last lecture" on my friend Montay's blog. You should head over there and check it out. It was awesome. Make sure you leave her a comment and let her know you stopped by. It will make her day, and I'm sure it will induce labor. (hehehe.)

Anyway....I loved this clip. It's a lecture from a professor named Randy Pausch. It's very inspirational, and may even cause you to tear a little. I just wanted to share a few of my favorite quotes/thoughts and things I learned.
*He talked about achieving your childhood dreams. He gave the example that he wanted to play in the NFL. That didn't happen. He then said, "Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." I loved that . What a great way to look at a situation.
*He said we have the choice of whether we will live our life as a Tigger, or an Eyeore. I'll admit, there are days I choose to be an Eyeore. And I know if I would chose to be a Tigger, I would acomplish so much more!
*Another favorite quote "Don't complain, just work harder". So hard to do, but so much more productive!
*Last but not least, he talked about how his parents taught him that people are more valuable that things. It's so easy to get caught up in "things", and forget about peoples feelings. I know I need to work on that when it comes to my kids. After I've spent all day cleaning and the kids can "ruin" it in a second. I need to step back and love them so they know they are more important to me than a clean floor.

I hope you all take the time to go to Montay's blog and find the link to this awsome talk. It's well worth your time! Let us both know what you thought!

4 comments:

Bonnie the Boss said...

Bonnie,
I agree I also need to remember that people are more important than things. I tend to loose it a wee bit when my kids trash the house that I just spent all day cleaning. It's a good reminder.
Some days aren't worth all the hassle of getting out the door to church. I always feel a lot of guilt though and wonder what kind of example I am setting. That is why sickness is such a good excuse.
Bonnie C (I used to be a Bonnie B)

Bonnie the Boss said...

Sorry back again. You just made me smile. Thanks for putting me on you blog thingme.Your previous post made me so happy I think i might have even missed some sleep last night. Thanks again.
Bonnie

Ashlee said...

I just watched it and shed a few tears. So sweet, and such good points.

Lynn said...

I too saw this clip and bawled and bawled. I hope it continues to keep going around the world. It sure can make this world a better place if we just all start doing better in our own space. : D