Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Last day....
Today was my last day of work. I had told my supervisor that we are moving, and that I wouldn't be coming back after the baby's born. To be honest with you, I didn't expect a big farewell party or anything, but I at least thought that I would get a goodby cake like everyone else who leaves. I've worked there for almost 5 years. And I've helped out when we were short on nurses. And I've been a team player. I feel like I'm a good nurse. I thought I maybe made a difference. I didn't even make the Monday Memo yesterday.(the weekly calendar they post every Monday, with birthdays, meetings, usually letting you know when someone's last day is) I really tried not to let it bother me too much. Then, during lunch, when my supervisor and the office manager went to Costco to pick up office supplies, coffee cups, etc., they picked up a cake. I'm thinking it was a last minute thought of "Oh yeah, it's Bonnie's last day. We should probably do something" Why do I think that? It was FROZEN!!! The whole thing was frozen, except the words "Best Wishes, Bonnie". I guess I should be more grateful, and less "poor me", but I just kind of felt like it was a slap in the face. After that I had a ton of people come up to me and say "I didn't know it was your last day!" , and lots of sincere well wishes and we'll miss yous. Even from the Doctors, which meant alot. I know I will be missed by my friends. I just wanted to know that what I did was appreciated. I'm going to miss working with some of the fabulous people at Physician's Center. Now....on to birthing my child...next week!!!!(don't know the day yet, but I will be induced next week!!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I am sorry, but I am sure they appreciate you more than they showed. I remember that same feeling when I quit teaching, 6 years and I felt like whoopty do-so your leaving. Kind of hurts. I assume you have found a home since you said you were moving, when, where, what, details?
There's nothing wrong with wanting to feel appreciated. Five years is a long time. I bet you rocked! :0)
Are you ready for baby? Did you sell your house? Does this mean you're never coming to Girls Night again now that you've just started coming? Sniff.
No, our house hasn't sold yet. I may never sell. Dangit.
What a sucky day. Sounds like today (with snow and a badly broken nail) isn't going to be any better. My suggestion...and I'm NOT a nurse, mind you. Have some chocolate, take a nap, and call me in the morning:-)
Awww.....that sucks! Take comfort in knowing that the employees and boss ALWAYS seem to miss someone the most AFTER they have left......you know "Sheesh, I miss Bonnie, she always did that job." or "How come this is not done?!!! (Said the Boss) "Cause Bonnie always did that!" (Said the employees). LOL! Oh don't you worry girl....you will be missed. Too bad it will be too late though and that you weren't recognized for all your hard work WHILE you were there.
Post a Comment