Saturday, January 19, 2008
Popcorn?
So, Jake has been REALLY stuffy for the past couple of days. He sounds like his nose, and his sinuses are just packed. And he kept on telling me his nose hurt. It looked a little red around 1 nostril, so I assumed it was from the kleenexes. Can't really give him any medicine for a decongestant, because he's too young, still. I he hasn't figured out how to blow his nose yet, so that doesn't really help. He came into our room at 6:30 this morning. He was coughing and so stuffy and just sounded miserable. So I decided I was going to try to get him to blow his nose, and just see if I could help him at least breath a little better. The good news is he has learned to blow his nose. The bad news is , he blew out popcorn kernals. POPCORN! What? Why do kids feel it is necessary to store things in their nose? He has pockets. I don't know why he doesn't use them. Needless to say, he immediatly started breathing through his nose quite well. And he slept until 1030 this morning, so I guess the quality of sleep has improved. Boys! What am I gonna do with him?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Ah, the nose stuffing....I remember when I was about 5 stuffing a small lego up my nose because I didn't want my brother to get it. Sigh. It was obviously traumatic because I still remember it. And my neice shoved a pencil eraser up her nose last year (she didn't know how to blow her nose either). Sigh. It's a hole...great for hiding stuff right?
This story of the popcorn made me laugh out loud! This is the first blog I have ever read so I'm glad it was a good one! I made comments throughout your blogs :)
Lisa
Your family is so beautiful. looking at your girls is like looking at a miniature you, Bonnie. Wow, time has gone by quickly. You mentioned you like to read, Have you read the twilight series yet? my email address is clintlisa@landsolutions.biz in case I didnt give it to you.
Lisa
Hi Bonnie, Thought I would check out your blog, lots of fun. You really should join girls night out like Ashlee mentioned it is alot of fun. The popcorn nose thing is great. Here's one to top it, my sister put a peppermint tic tac up her nose, yes, it started to melt, not a pretty site or fun time!
oh don't you love that?!
thanks for visiting my blog. And you are a nurse too! I am a nurse although I am not working right now. That was my pre-kid life. Where in Idaho are you? My in-laws are in Idaho Falls and my SIL is in Nampa (near Boise.)
Bridget- I'm in Twin. I have 2 SIL in Idaho Falls. Thanks for the comment.
Lisa, I'm so glad you checked out the blog! You need to start one, too. I'd love to see pics of your family!
Alicia- A tic tac? Ouch! That must have burned! Can't wait to join girl's night!
Ashlee-Thanks for the traffic to my blog. This is so fun!
I have had several kids do this. Oy vay!
Post a Comment