Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A nostolgic week so far...



Jake wanted to watch a movie, and this is what he picked. So I've been bopping around the house all morning singing School House Rock songs. My sister gave this to the kids for Christmas one year. I love it. It takes me back to my childhood. My bloggin' buddy Ashlee posted yesterday about smurfs. I loved the smurfs when I was little. So I guess this week will be a nostalgic one. I wonder what I'll come across tomorrow?

Also, yesterday, one of my very best friends from high school called me out of the blue. I haven't talked to Lisa for years. It was so fun to catch up and hear about her life. I'm so bad at keeping in touch with old friends. And then(I know. It just keeps going on and on...)yesterday when I took cupcakes to the school for Gabby's birthday, I ran into the science teacher, Mrs Peterson. She just happens to be the Mother of one of my other good friends from high school, Diana. After talking to her for a few minutes, I asked her for Diana's e-mail address. She said she would send it home with the kids. I'm so excited! I've decided to add on to the NY resolution list. My new goal is to get in touch and stay in touch with some of my old friends. Thanks, Lisa, for making contact and making my day! It was so good to talk to you!

4 comments:

Ashlee said...

I love that old things are cool again. The 80s had so many fun things! Some of the fashion was a little scary...but the movies, music, tv...good stuff!

Janet said...

Aslee,
what do you mean the fashion were scary in the 80's? they were great bangs to the sky, jeans so tight and tapper that you could barely get your feet in that was the good times!! You can see I'm a true 80's babe! Too bad I'm so old now! ug!

Bonnie B. said...

You're so funny! You aren't old yet!

Anonymous said...

Dear "Bonnie Babe"
It was nice to see you mention me in your blog. I too enjoyed our visit on the phone. It made me realize how much I miss your funny, bubbly personality!!! I am flooded with memories. We had so much FUN our senior year in highschool. Remember walking our lambs together? Singing to they might be giants in my blue pickup, fixing up our studio aparment in college, institute counsel together, my crush on your brother Jeff... so many good times! I love you lots bonnie and would like to stay in touch forever.
"Lisa Star"