My sister just called me and said, "Did you hear about President Hinkley?" I said, "No, what?", but deep down, I already knew the answer. "He passed away tonight." she said.Such mixed emotions that I'm feeling, now. President Hinkley was the 15th Prophet of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and has been since March 12, 1995. Whe was beloved by those he served. His sense of humor and ability to teach with love and compassion touched the lives of many. I'm so sad he has passed on. I was really hoping he would be the one to dedicate the Twin Falls Temple. Madi will be 12 when the dedication takes place, and will have the opportunity to take part in a celebration that thousands of youth will take part in. Kind of like a big production. The youth of Twin Falls and the surrounding areas will put this production on for the Prophet prior to the dedication. I know it will still be an amazing experience, but am sad Pres. Hinkley won't be there.
On the other hand, I'm so excited those on the other side, who have been waiting to be reunited with this great man. Especially his sweet wife, Marjorie, who he often spoke about. And his physical body must have been exhausted, so what a blessing that he is released from that burden. He will certainly be missed. Our sincere condolences go out to those he left behind.
I am so grateful to have the opportunity to have been on this earth while he was the Prophet. So grateful for his example of Christlike love, and his sincere love for us. So grateful for his testimony, and his spirit. How lucky we are to have been touched by this great man.


2 comments:
Amen. I couldn't put into words what I felt. I'm so sad. He's been a part of Gen. Conf. my whole life...
Thanks for the post.
Your tribute to President Hinckley was very touching! I hope to be able to watch his funeral this Sat. as they broadcast it at the churchhouses. He will always be my favorite prophet!!
Lisa
Post a Comment