I feel like I have completely missed the first week of the New Year! We have been sick all week long! It's getting so old. I am tired of feeling like crap.
We went to Poky last Sat, and stayed till New Years Day. We had a blast. On Sunday we went and stayed with Cory's sister Felicia's, in Idaho Falls, so we could get up and go to the Rexburg Temple open house the next morning at 7am. It was so cold, and so early, but we had fun. The temple is beautiful! This is a picture from the back of the temple as we were leaving. The kids actually behaved pretty well, especially for it being so darn early. I think they enjoyed it. After the tour, they had punch and cookies in the cultural hall. They had little comment cards for you to fill out, if you wanted. Of course, all the kids wanted. One of the questions was "what is your religion?" or something like that. Alex (my 9 year old) actually came and asked me for the answer to that one. I thought, "We got up at 5 this morning to come out into the freezing cold for a temple open house. What religion do you thing we are!?!" I guess we need to have a FHE focusing on the name of our church. Perhaps it was still a little early for him. Anyway, we had a great time, and then my Father in Law took us all out for breakfast at Denny's. The grandkids all thought that was fabulous! We had quite a large group with us. Cory's Uncle Kent and his family were there, as well as Cory's parents, his sister and her family, and us. After that, we went back to Felicia's, dropped the kids off and went to the mall. I spent all my Christmas money on a few cute outfits at Motherhood Maternity. They have the coolest Maternity jeans, now. The panel is really thin, and can go all the way up to right under your boobs, and all the way around your back. It might sound wierd, but they are soooo comfortable. That night, we had our annual New Years Eve party at Apple Athletics in IF. It was fun. Lots of good food, swimming, games, and great company. All of Cory's family was there this year, which really made it fun. We drove back to Poky that night, so we didn't get to bed until 2am. That makes for a very long day. They rest of the week is pretty much a blur since I've been sick. I've slept alot, and done nothing, until tonight. Tonight we went to my niece's baptism. Congrats Kylee! She was so cute, and looked so happy. There's nothing better than right after they come out of the water. She was glowing. It was really fun to be there for that, even though I still don't feel well. I'm glad we went. 


2 comments:
So nice to finally meet you! Kylee is a cute girl and the baptism was great! I can't believe my baby is 8 already! Where does the time go?
No kidding. Just wait....
Post a Comment