
My baby girl is 7 today. I can still remember when she was born. She was by far my best and easiest delivery. So relaxed. She came out with eyes wide open looking like "what have I gotten myself into!?" And we are so glad she is here. She is such a sweet girl, and loves to make others happy. She also loves to tease. She takes after her Grandpa Manion in that way. But she is always willing to help out her family. I love you Gab, I'm so glad you're mine!

So, since it's Gabby's birthday, it's Gabby's choice for dinner. She chose Golden Corral. I hate Golden Corral. But, it's her birthday, so I put a smile on my face and away we went. It actually wasn't too bad tonight. We opened presents before we went. I decided to start a tradition that Cory and his family used to do while they were growing up. We hid her presents, and then played "hot and cold" for her to find them. We sang "bula bula" loud if

she was hot, and in a whisper if she was cold. Madi and Alex thought that was awsome to get to hide her gifts. And Gabby had a lot of fun searching for them. Cory even hid one up behind the window treatment. Took her awhile to find that one! She got a tamagotchi, which she has been wanting since Madi got one for Christmas. She also got a purse, an outfit, and a Littlest Pet shop thing. I think she was pretty happy with her "loot",

even though she's not smiling in the picture. After dinner, we came home and had birthday cake. I used a molded silacone cake pan that Dr Adrian ( I used to work for her, before she retired) gave me for Christmas one year. This was the first time I've ever used it. It's molded to say "Happy Birthday" on top, with some balloons and stuff. I am not a baker. Using a silacone cake pan was not so easy. I had to do some carving so that it would sit flat on the cookie sheet. But it tasted good, and didn't look too bad once it was decorated. All in all, I think Gabby had a pretty good birthday. I sure hope so. We love you Gab!
2 comments:
Totally impressed with the cake. Seriously...that must have taken some time.
I'm not a huge Golden Corral fan either, but what do you do?
Hey, I've got a Gab, too! Thanks for the comment on my blog. It's always fun to discover a new reader.
Post a Comment