Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Civic Duty

Well, I have escaped jury duty for the month of January.....until today. Today was my first ever experience with the jury selection process. It was interesting to see how that whole process takes place, and kind of overwhelming to hear the judge and attorneys talk about the need to take even the simplest things very seriously, because the judgement the jury makes can be life changing for the defendant. Luckily, I was assigned a seat in the back, and after they weeded out about 25 others, there were still several people sitting in front of me, so I was NOT chosen to sit on the jury. However, I do have to go through the whole process again on Friday. One of the Dr's I work with told me the easiest way to get out of jury duty is to tell them I believe in capital punishment for everything....jaywalking, shoplifting, too many parking tickets....couldn't bring myself to do it. The worst part of the whole thing was the baby using my bladder for a trampoline. Not pleasant. But, I survived, and afterward, treated myself to a bagel sandwich from Zulu Bagel. You are right, Ashlee, that is a YUMMY place for a treat. It is a little spendy, but the sandwiches are huge! And so yummy. The customer service was superb, as well. I had to wait a long time in the drive through before my order was taken, so when I got to the window, the guy there gave me a filled punch card, so the next time I go, I get a free drink. Yea! Then, I took forever for them to get my sandwich made, so he came back with 2 "have a free bagel" cards, to make up for the inconvenience. Double yea! Apparently, they were short staffed, and it was smack dab in the middle of the lunch rush. I was just impressed that they tried to make it up to me. I love free stuff. If you go to Zulu Bagel, and you like garlic, I recommend the garlic bagel. It has lots of roasted garlic on top, and is very savory. What is your favorite bagel flavor?

5 comments:

Ashlee said...

So glad you enjoyed the sammy! I'll have to give their garlic bagel a try. I've never had one interestingly enough. I love a good blueberry or raspberry bagel at breakfast, and for lunch I really like cheddar or onion. Though that Asiago cheese one from Zulu was good too. Tried an herb one from Winco last week and though it wasn't my favorite for a sammy, it was pretty good. Maybe just some veggie cream cheese on top and that's it. mmmmm....now I want to go to ZULU!

Ashlee said...

Oh! BTW...good luck with the whole jury thing. I've NEVER even been asked. {knock on wood!}

Ashlee said...

Just so you know...because you mentioned Zulu...I had to go try a garlic bagel yesterday. {You didn't think I ate a McD's with daughter did you?} ;0) I did like it, but it was a little too much garlic on top for me...my breath was BAD. :0)

Bonnie B. said...

I love garlic. I just have to make sure I have a pack of gum handy for the aftermath!

Bridget said...

Asiago cheese is my favorite bagel of all time. But really they're all good.

Jury duty is BOOOOOOOORING. I've never been selected either but just the waiting around to find out was torture enough.