Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Brag time

My kids are brilliant. Today was report card day. My two oldest both brought home straight A's! Mom's proud. I know pride is a sin, but I can't help it. Madi has worked really, really hard this quarter, and I'm just so happy for her. And Alex, my reader, is the #1 reader in the 3rd grade this quarter. He accumulated 116 AR points. He LOVES to read, and just soaks up the knowlegde. Gabby did well, too, but they don't have letter grades in the 1st grade. Her teacher had lots of good things to say about her. I just hope the kids carry this on into Jr. High and High School.

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

Landon got straight A's as well. The down side was the "He bothers his neighbors and talks out in class" that was written in the comments section. Sigh. He's become quite the talker. And doesn't listen worth a darn. So frustrating. My kid is one of THOSE kids.
Kudos to yours though!

Bonnie B. said...

I was that kind of kid, too. I quite enjoyed the social aspect of school, and most of the time my desk was next to the teacher's desk, so I couldn't "bother my neighbors".