We had a fabulous weekend! So nice to just get away, and not have to worry about keeping the house clean so realtors can show it. I think our house showed once this weekend. Not bad, I guess. I didn't expect anyone to really be interested until the spring. Anyway....

The roads Friday were clear and dry all the way to Poky, and on to Idaho Falls. We dropped the kids off at Cory's parents, and then headed on up to IF for the Glenn Beck thing. It was awesome! He is soooo funny. The program was a benefit for the Clark family from Rexburg. You can read all about this family
here. Basically, they are a familywith 5 kids. The youngest, a girl, died a few years ago from a rare disease. The other four, all boys, are all living with muscular distrophy, and are all wheelchair bound. One is married, and the other three live with Mom and Dad in a small, non-wheelchair accessible home. Mom is the only one who can work, as Dad has medical problems as well. Glenn met them a few months ago on a trip to visit BYU Idaho. I think his daughter goes there. He was very impressed with their attitudes, and with how happy they were, making the best of the situation, and not letting the disease affect their lives any more than just physically. So Glenn talked about the family, and about how much he loves Idaho, and the "realness" of the people who live here.

It was a really personal show. Talked alot about local places, and people. It was great. He has recently had some surgery with some pretty serious complications, and was actully supposed to be on bedrest, but he had made a committment, and didn't want to let the family down. Every penny of the ticket sales is going to the family. The benefit raised around $100,000. John Huntsman also donated $100,000 to the family, so they should be able to make there home more wheelchair accessible, and a little bigger, too! It was a great night, and I'm so glad we went.
After the show, we decided we would take advantage of the free babysitting and have our Valentine Day dinner at
Ruby River Steakhouse. If you've never been, you should save your pennies and go. It's a little pricey, but for special occasions, we all splurge a little, right? It was sooooo tasty! I had the Creamy Parmasean Pasta and Salmon, and Cory had the Ribeye. The steaks there are fabulous. And my meal was to die for. I shared my leftovers with my kids the next day, and they even loved it.

On Saturday, Cory's Dad was taking the
YM in his
ward ice fishing. Cory decided to tag along. I don't know why the male species think this is fun. I think it looks miserable. But, apperantly they had fun. Cory loved it, and he caught 3 fish. While the men were off doing manly things, Grandma decided to take us to the movie. We went and saw Alvin and the Chipmunks. It was pretty funny. The movie, with the combination of popcorn, kept my 3 year old entertained the whole time. He laughed out loud pretty much the whole time. Not the best movie I've ever seen, but worth the $2 ticket price.

On Sunday evening, Cory's brother and his wife hosted a Superbowl party. It was fun. Lots of good food and good compay. I didn't watch the game at all, but I love visiting with my family. I love the picture of my nephew Isaac, wearing my other nephew's wrestling head gear. I did watch the last 30 seconds of the game, which was awesome. I don't really follow the NFL, but I love when the underdog wins. The roads on the way home were pretty good, with the exception of a few spots. All in all, we had a wonderful weekend. Thanks to everyone who helped make it that way!

3 comments:
So glad you had a happy weekend. And so glad that the event raised so much money for that family. What a blessing for them! Can't wait for Thursday!
I'm so glad you got to hear Glenn Beck, did you see his tribute on his show for President Hinckley, it was pretty moving? Sounds like a great weekend and even better with good traveling conditions.
Tag! Again! Sorry! Check out my random blog for details!
Post a Comment