Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A game of tag with tunes....

My blog pal, Ashlee, has tagged me again. This time, I am to share my favorite music. I love love love music. All kinds. Well, not everything I guess, but almost everything. I am becoming less fond of "popular" music. I usually fall in love with the tunes and the rhythm, then find myself singing words that make me feel uncomfortable. So, I have started listening to country music again, and lots of other types of music, too. I absolutely love Christmas music. And "church" music. And the kid's Disney music....Oh, this is going to be hard to just pick 5 faves!


The rules of this tag are simple...pick 5 songs from your Music Collection. Whether its' from your iTunes, CDs, online, whatever...the music you listen to. And then explain WHY. Why you love it. Post your picks and tag a few people of your own. Simple right?


So here are 5 of my favorites, in no particular order:

1. We love Brad Paisley at our house. One of his latest songs is Letter to Me. Even though it's impossible, I love the idea of writing a letter of encouragment and advice to my younger self. Sure would have made life easier! Cory's favorite Brad Paisley song is Ticks.



2. This is They Might Be Giants. TMBG for short. I love TMBG. If you have young kids, you would recognize them as the ones that sing the theme song to Higley Town Heroes. They bring back memories of my Junior and Senior years in High School. I had recently become close friends with Lisa, and we took a road trip to visit my sister in Utah. We listened to these guys the WHOLE trip. They sing crazy weird songs, but who isn't crazy wierd in high school? I honestly don't know if they even made music videos of their songs, but on YouTube, I found a home made video of Particle Man . Birdhouse in Your Soul was another fave. Now, they've written music for kids. They have Here Come the ABC's, and more recently Here Come the 123's. My kids love these songs. You can listen to snipets here.

3. Church music. Once again, so hard to just share one. I have hundreds of favorites. So I will just share the one of my favorite albums. Women at the Well. Just click on the little speakers to the left of the song titles, and you can hear snipets of the songs. I love all the songs, but my favorite is He Came For Me.





4. Christmas Music. LOVE IT!!! One of my favorite songs Breath of Heaven by Amy Grant. It always makes me emotional when I hear it. Especially when paired with The Nativity. Good stuff.





5. Last but not least, Harry Connick Jr. I really enjoy listening to this type of music. The first album of his that I heard was the albumWe Are In Love. My sister, Wendy, introduced me to his music. It's late, and my brain is shutting down, and I couldn't find the song We Are In Love anywhere on the internet. So, that's your homework. If you've never heard him, go find him in cyberspace. And let me know where you found it!
So, I hope you enjoyed this little glimpse into my music likes. Now, I'm it, and I tag more people that I don't know, and one I haven't seen or talked to to a loooong time. I'm tagging different people this time, and hope I don't offend someone, or that I don't get completely ignored like last time. No pressure.
1. Amber- Love her blog! She has such fun ideas!
2. Bobbi- My favorite Canadian that I have never met. Wish I had her photography and digi scrappin talent!
3. Tami-A favorite Canadian that I have met. She was my roomie at Ricks. Never kept in touch, but recently found her blog, and she is still one of the coolest people ever!

6 comments:

Ashlee said...

Thanks for playing tag with me. It WAS hard picking just 5 songs huh? There are too many good songs out there. I don't really listen to country so I haven't heard your #1, but we loved, loved, LOVED TMBG in high school. They were awesome! I have quite a few of their songs in my iTunes collection. And Breath of Heaven as well. And good old Harry...I've never heard the church song, so thanks for that one!
Hopefully people play tag with you too!

Amber M. said...

I promise to post my tag later today...but I may go with 5 favorite groups or artists because I can't narrow the field to just songs. My head would explode trying.:-)

Bonnie B. said...

Thanks, Amber! Notice I had more than 5 songs. And I took me over an hour to just narrow to that!

Alicia said...

Great songs, I love Harry Connick Jr. and Breath of Heaven is a winner evry year. Great job.

Montay said...

Good choices I to like all kinds of music but have a hard time finding that perfect ones for the Blog.

Lynn said...

Cool! Bobbi and I are friends. She was in the same ward as us, before they moved. Her husband and my husband worked together in the same Bishopric. How did you stumble upon her? Yup! She is one talented lady. She was the photographer for our daughter's wedding. I convinced her that she would do great and now she is in the business. I KNOW she will go many places. So cool.