So, we live in a 1500 + square foot home. 6 of us, soon to be 7. We are slightly cramped at this point, and that is why we are going to move, if our home ever sells. I really don't see our house selling in the next 6-ish weeks, so I am trying to figure out where to put the baby. Obviously, I want him in our room. But since we now own the jolly green giant's furniture, I'm not exactly sure how to make that work. Our bedroom is actually pretty good sized, but the furniture takes up a lot of room. So last night, I got on Walmart.com (cause they'll ship to the nearest store for free!) and looked at my options. I've narrowed it down to these 2.....
Holy crap, that picture came out tiny! Anyway...This fancy pants little bassinet is only about $35. The pros are the cute little basket at the bottom (I can store diapers, wipes, extra blankies, and burp rags down there!), and it will fit between the bed and the wall on my side of the bed. Also, it is portable, so it can be easily collapsed and put away prior to the showing of the house. The cons are, it's a bassinet, and therefore will only be used for about 5 months (if that) before the baby needs something else. And we are NOT having anymore kids, so we will never use it again.
This fabulous little contraption is about $90. The pros are, it can be used first as a bassinet, then later, as a play yard. It's portable. And look at that cute little mobile! (none of our kids ever had a mobile...does that make me a bad mom?) Also, for a pack n play, the price isn't too outrageous. The cons are, it's size. It will not fit between the bed and wall on my side of the bed. We could put it at the end of the bed, but that would leave only about a foot of space to walk through. We could put it by the sliding glass doors, but that would put it on top of the vent (not crazy about that), and it's always colder right there,(not the best for a new born.) and that would put the baby farther away from me. I always feel better when my babys are next to me. Also, even though it's collapsible, there are a lot of extra attachments on this thing, and I think that constantly taking it down and putting it up would be a PAIN!So, seeing that my brain cells are on strike, I need help. Give me your opinions. What would you do?



7 comments:
You are such a nice mom to even consider all those cute little options. You know what I did with my three babies? They slept in their car seat carrier just next to my bed. For the first few months of their life that is what they did. It worked great, portable, cost effective and doesn't take up a lot of space. I would totally recommend it.
Thanks for visiting my blog!
btw, I noticed on your profile you are a nurse. I graduated from BYU in nursing and am going to go do the re-entry program here in Portland in the fall since my license has expired. Where do you work now? I have a sister-in-law in Nampa. Where in Idaho are you?
Briget, I work in a Dr's office here in Twin Falls. Good luck with going back to school!
The bassinet. It fits your space, it's cute, and you can put it in the kids room later to hold stuffed animals, quilts, and dolls. Then you can use it for grandkids. Thanks for visiting my blog! I appreciate your comments.
I agree with Marty. Though I prefer the 2nd one, it's not practical for your needs right now. Just get the bassinet. Even though it's only got about 5 months use out of it, it's only $35. So, you'd get your money's worth.
I would probably get the bassinet for now, because who knows - maybe the house will sell in fvie months and you'll be somewhere that will have room for my crib. :) But even if you aren't, when you do need something bigger you can check Craigslist. I just checked for Boise and there were a few pack n plays for sale $45 and less. Some fancier than others. I don't know if you care if they've been used or not - but if you don't that's a good resource. Also, how wide is your doorframe? If it's wide enough you could just roll the pack'n'play out into the garage when you need to show the house or have extra space. My jeep Pack-n-play was too big for this, but my graco bare bones one I could just move from room to room without collapsing. Anyway, I should have just called, but decided I'd leave a comment to make your day.
Yea! My sister left a comment! You did make my day!
Post a Comment