Thursday, February 28, 2008

It's because I'm pregnant.....

I feel like every time I post, It has something to do with me being pregnant. But, when you are constantly reminded you are pregnant, you don't have much else on your mind.
I find that one of the best things about pregnancy is that it is the perfect excuse for anything. I'm tired-it's because I'm pregnant. I forgot to pick up some milk at the store-it's because I'm pregnant. My brain doesn't work-it's because I'm pregnant. I can't make up my mind-it's because I'm pregnant. I'm crying for no reason-it's because I'm pregnant. Did I mention I'm tired? It's because I'm pregnant. If you have any flaws, screwed something up, want to eat something weird, or just plain need an excuse to explain something, for nine months you can blame it on being pregnant. I have taken full advantage of that this time around. I don't know what I'll do when I have the baby. I need to find a new excuse. I wonder how long I'll be able to use the excuse "I just had a baby." to explain my shortcomings and screw-ups......

One of the things I hate most about pregnancy is stupid people. I've decided I'm going to make up some "etiquette" cards to hand out to people who do and say stupid things when it comes to pregnant women.

#1- If you must touch my stomach, ask first. I don't so much mind if people touch my big 'ol tummy- it is kind of freakish- but I know a lot of women who are completely offended by this.

#2- Don't ask me everyday when I'm going to have "that baby". If I knew, I'd tell you. I'd probably tell everyone, even if I didn't know them. Heck, I might even take out an ad in the paper.

#3- Do not comment on the size of my belly. I know I'm huge. I'm the one that lugs it around everyday. If you must comment on the way I look, tell me how fabulous I look. Or how you can hardly tell I'm pregnant. I don't mind if you lie to me. I prefer it at this point.

#4- Do not make fun of the way I walk. I can't help it. And don't quack at me. No jury would find me guilty of what may happen.

#5-Do not ask me if I've had the baby yet. Obviously, I haven't. This question makes me think you are an idiot.

Okay, ladies, I need help at this point. What am I leaving out? What have people said to you when you were pregnant that made you want to scream, or cry, or beat the crap out of someone? I can't remember everything-because I'm pregnant.

12 comments:

Montay said...

For me it is not so much the comments but the wierd looks like what you have never seen a pregnant person before Sheesh...

And the What you are not finding out what it is? You are crazy. No I am not crazy, I like the surprise, and it is the one way I think being old fashion is kindof cool. That, and, my in laws hate that I don't tell them. But why they would just tell everyone else. I can not stand that!!! I also do not like when you find out some one is pregnant and everyone thinks it is there news to share. "Oh did you hear so and so is pregnant" NO I did not and if so and so wanted me to know hopefully they would be the ones to tell me! Keep that crap to yourself people!! It is part of the fun of being pregnant YOU should get to be the ones who tell others and see there reaction not every one else blabbing your buisness to the world!!!!! Maybe that is why it takes me so long to tell anyone in the first place. I like that only certain people know my little secret for awhile.

Wow sorry I did not know that was such a big one for me but hey I am pregnant so forgive me will ya ..

Amber M. said...

I hated "Are you ready to have that baby yet?" Hell yes, I was ready 4 months ago...the last time I saw my feet.

Bonnie B. said...

Oh, I forgot one. Unless you are 110% sure a women is pregnant, don't ask her when she's due. I was asked this question once when I was NOT pregnant. Not so good for the self esteem.

Crazy Mommy said...

So sorry I touched your belly when you were here... :(

Bonnie B. said...

you don't have to be sorry. like i said, that's not something that bothers me.

Ashlee said...

I remember when I got pregnant with Kenzee and I told my in-laws. They got into this huge discussion about weight gain when you were pregnant and my FIL said, "you just really have to watch what you eat." Oh really? Because you've been pregnant? Sigh.
Montay...I'm so sorry I told you you were crazy for not finding out the gender. I didn't mean it literally. I realize I'm the OCD crazy one that HAS to know so that I can be OVER prepared for the arrival. :0) Love you!
And Bonnie...you are looking FABULOUS by the way! Shake that booty!

Montay said...

Ashlee totaly fine no worries:)

And Bonnie What did you say? You are pregnant! I could not even tell. Girl you hide that stuff well!!!

Alicia said...

My favorite line from Friends: "No Uterus, No opinion!" Men can say nothing about pregnancy, just walk away! Don't ask about my cervix, that is weird and frankly none of anyone's business! And I agree with you Bonnie, just tell me I look good, lie, it makes me feel better!

Anonymous said...

hi bonnie, just wanted you to know that I have read the last months worth of blogs you have done. I love being able to keep in touch with what your up to - its like being able to read your journal.. reading about your entry of they might be giants sure brought back memories for me. I still love a lot of the same music you do. Michael buble is really good and just like harry connick jr. you would like him
lisa

Amber M. said...

Bonnie,

The only blog I can think of I will post the link below. Hope it's her!

http://ribbonrockstarhairbows.blogspot.com/

Bonnie the Boss said...

My two youngest are 6 years old.I had to quit using the I just had twins a long time ago.(Although I got twice the mileage out of it) I used to use the "I should have been a blonde" thing for a while but occasionally offended people. So now I use the "Mad Cow Disease" excuse. Most people buy it and I will probably use it until I hit the "Altzheimer's" excuse phase.I will put that one off as long as possible.

Lynn said...

LOL!!!!
I can so relate. My baby is now 9 years and soon to be 10. YIKES! Did I say ten? however, all your pregnancy comments listed that people say, brought it ALL back to me now. I remember this one that just drove me nuts!!! This is what I got a couple of time while out shopping with my kids and pregnant with my 6th (and they were quite quiet and well mannered at those two times and so I was quite perturbed at this comment {from complete strangers, I might add} that also included an elbow into my side....)"Hey there little mom...you DO know how to STOP getting pregnant don't you?" Grrrr......
Some people, eh?!