Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Santa finally came through.....

After 3 months of searching in 2 states, we finally found a Wii. Can you believe it? (Just a little background. Santa left us a "gift certificate" for a Wii for Christmas, because he ran out.) Cory went to Costco to get lunch, and he kept seeing people walk out with Wii's. He finally decided to go look, but they weren't back by all the video games and stuff, so after wandering around awhile, he noticed them on a pallet near the cash registers. He called me at work to tell me, and sadly, I had a hard time concentrating on work after that. I told him, don't tell the kids, let's tell them if they get their homework done, and rooms clean, we have an awesome surprise for them. Doesn't hurt to try, right. Well, Alex noticed it before the big "reveal", and holy crap, that boy went to town. He and Gabby usually get their homework done fairly quickly, as their's is pretty easy. So, Alex got his room clean, helped Gabby clean the girl's room, then both of them cleaned the family room-all before Madi was done with her homework. I have found a new tool to get my kids to bend to my will. (How evil does that sound?) So, we had a "Wii" bit of fun this evening with our new toy.
I couldn't ever get Gabby to smile. She was concentrating pretty hard. It's a little harder for her to figure out how to use the controller, but she'll get it. I think one of our favorite games was tether ball, which is on Wii Playground. And I found out I'm pretty darn good at Wii golf. I'm not so much that way in real life. Anyway, it was so much fun. Thanks Santa!!!!!

5 comments:

Ashlee said...

I told Jaysen this was the only game of golf I would ever play with him. :0)
So excited for you guys! I bet your kids are thrilled! And it's not bad to use it against them...landon does a spectacular job of getting his stuff done after school now.

Crazy Mommy said...

Woohoo - I'm so excited for you guys. Did Alex spill the beans to the girls or did he just let them think he was being helpful because he was excited for a surprise? Either way, now you know their currency - life is good.

Alicia said...

That is awesome, I saw some the other day and was thinking of you, guess I should have mentioned, but then again, you didn't need me to. Glad you got it, that is really cool.

Bonnie B. said...

Wendy, Alex totally spilled the beans...

Montay said...

SO fun we love our Wii and it is a great " motivator" Our favorites are Big Brain, Zelda, and Olympics.. Such fun I did not like video games before but now I think they are pretty OK..