3 days of beautiful weather. Even thought our AC isn't working, I enjoyed every minute of it. Now the stupid wind is back, and it's taking over. Good news....I opened the front door, and the sliding glass door to our bedroom, and that lowered the temp in our house rather quickly. It also blew all those pesky little dust bunnies off my plant shelf. One less spring cleaning chore I have to do. Who am I kidding? The only spring cleaning that will get done in our house is whatever gets blown clean by leaving the doors open when the wind is blowing. I'll take it. I had forgotten what it was like to have a newborn. Nothing gets done. Sleep is my # 1 priority. I would love to say my kids and husband were #1, but sadly, at this stage with a baby that doesn't sleep well at night, sleep is #1. I hope that changes soon. I feel like a horrible mother and wife. So couple the exhaustion with some post partum depression, and you can see why nothing gets done. I'm not even keeping up with reading my favorite blogs!!! Or posting on mine! I've got to snap out of it.
I took Jaxson into the Physician Center yesterday just to weigh him. He is now 9# 5 oz. Little piggie. I'm glad he's gaining. I was afraid I wasn't making enough to feed him. He has been eating anywhere from every 1 1/2 hours to every 3 hours. I have been so tempted to switch him over to formula. It's just so much faster. Not cheaper or more convenient, just faster. But, I haven't. I'm determined to breastfeed for as long as I possibly can.
So I totally didn't mean for this post to sound as depressing as it does. I'm leave you with a pic of Jaxson in his "going to church for the first time" outfit. Thanks Wendy. My baby would be naked if you hadn't let me borrow all your baby clothes.
How 'bout one more. Here is Jake entertaining Jaxson.

7 comments:
Oh do I remember about sleep being NO. 1. Good for you for making it no. 1. That sounds like a smart woman to me. : D Hang in there girl. Why bother dusting when it will just blow back in the next day? Just sleep, feed baby and take GOOD care of yourself. Hope the days give better weather for you soon.
I can't believe that you are talking about an AC when all we are getting this weekend is Snow and cold rain! LOL!
just enjoy these moments!
I'm with Kelly...I miss those newborn moments. Not the other stuff that goes along with it, but the smell, coos and milk-breath of a newborn ... heavenly.
I'm totally feeling ya with the lack of sleep the new baby brings. It can be so frustrating. Thankfully it doesn't last forever. Right? Keep telling yourself that. It will help you get through it. And seriously....you can call me to come help. I'd love to hold baby while you slept! :0)
And....yeah...what's up with the weather today? It was SO nice the other day. We got to break out the bikes! It was fabulous! And now....chance of snow? On the last day of April? It's MAY tomorrow! Do you think God got his seasons messed up? :0)
What a great big brother. He is so cute.
Don't worry about the other stuff. your baby and you are the most important.
Is there anything we can do?
You are a great mom try to get sleep when you can and remember you are not alone, we are here for ya anytime.
He is such a handsome dog in those Sunday duds. Sleep is the most frustrating thing. Remember the days of baby #1 when even if you didn't sleep at night, it was ok, becasue the next day when they were napping you could too, aaaahh the memories.
Post a Comment