Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I am not ripe.....

Apparently, I'm fruit. Now, I'm a nurse, and I know that a cervix needs to be "ripe" for contractions to do any good. But, even after 5 kids, my poor husband doesn't really understand it. He tells me when he uses words like this to describe me, he feels like a produce manager. He said maybe we should stick my cervix in a brown paper bag and leave it on the counter overnight. He makes me laugh, and that's a good thing, or I would probably cry. Just to explain, for those of you who don't know, I am usually induced at around 39 weeks. Our second child was 2 days overdue, and was a stillbirth. That is why they induce me. My Dr's appt yesterday revealed that I am only dialated to a 1, and 30% effaced. That means no induction until next Monday. Actually, the Dr said he would induce me today, if I wanted to try. It just seemed so soon (?). And I really didn't want to have a baby on April Fools day. Stupid reason. Dang! I had a bit of an emotional breakdown after that news of "April Fools Day, or next week. To make a long story short, after a call to the Dr by my husband, many tears, lots of talking , and a sweet prayer offered by my husband to help us confirm our decision, we are going into the hospital tonight for some help from a lovely drug called cervidil. And with any luck, # 6 will join our family tomorrow. Wish us luck!

7 comments:

Montay said...

Wooooooo Hooooooo I had both # 2 and #3 with that lovely little thing they call cervidil and it is a dream Love it We went in at night they put it in and tada you have fruit flys in no time and hey you can even sleep thru it if you go at night I am so excited for you can not wait to see the pictures happy baby day!!!!

Lynn said...

I am so sorry to hear about your Second child. However, I am VERY excited to hear that you will be meeting baby #6 VERY soon. There is nothing like a new baby to enter the home of your family. Your whole world is changed in a moment. THe outside world seems a whole lot more farther away and "your world" seems so much smaller, warmer, cozier, softer, and sweeter for everyone involved. Can't wait to hear your news soon.

Ashlee said...

So excited for you! I can't wait to see pics of the baby! And please let me know if you need anything at all. Seriously. I'm available for baby holding, rocking, feeding, heck...I'll even change a diaper if necessary. :0) Just let me know!

Bonnie the Boss said...

Good luck Bonnie. I can understand the stress. I would have smacked my husband for the whole comment about the paper bag. I am sure it would have been irrational. What pregnant woman is ever rational.

Amber M. said...

GOOD LUCK! Give your new little miracle a snuggle for me.

Alicia said...

That is fantastic, hope everything goes wonderfully. Very exciting stuff.

Zach said...

Congratulations! I will be in your boat in 12 weeks...sounds like forever still!
Good luck-hope everything goes very smoothly!