Friday, April 25, 2008

Healthy type stuff....

This past weekend, my sister came up from Utah to visit my parents in Burley. Of coarse, we headed to Burley, too. We had good fun.
Wendy has been on weight watchers, and has done well. Wendy, you look fabulous! Breakfasts are hard for me. I don't enjoy breakfast. So I asked her what kind of stuff she eats for breakfast. That's when she told me about these. They are called the Western Bagel. They are fat free, sugar free, high protein, high fiber bagels. Sounds disgusting, right? Well, SURPRISE! They actually taste pretty good. I like savory type bagels, so I bought the wheat flavor, and onion flavor. So good. And for those of you who speak Weight Watchers, these bagels are only 1 pt each. A regular bagel is more like 5 pts. My sister gets hers at Walmart. I don't know if they have them anywhere else. I got mine at Burley's Walmart. If you look anywhere else, they would be in the refridgerated areas. At Walmart, they are located with the cream cheeses. Anyway, I hope this helps out all my bloggy friends who are doing the 8 week challenge that I should be doing, and am not doing. Ashlee, I specifically posted this for you. I know how you love your bagels!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Bonnie - I'm hitting a bit of a wall lately, but still plugging along. You have to make sure you the the ones the say the Bagel alternative, because Western actually has normal calorie bagels too. The normal ones aren't one point. I nearly made that mistake. Anyway, I'm glad you like them.

Ashlee said...

Thanks for the info! I'll have to keep my eye out for them. Hopefully they'll have them at Smith's or WinCo so I don't have to go clear to Jerome to get them at Walmart. But, you can't beat a great tasting FAT FREE bagel! :0)

Montay said...

Okay so I am sitting here wallowing in self pity because I am sick and I just ate a bagel that was not this kind. Now I feel even worse, but I am very glad to know there is a "good" bagle out there I will definitly have to try them.

Lynn said...

Oh, I DO hope that they have those up here in the cold North. I am going to Walmart tomorrow. I must check it out. Now I am SO hungry. Gotta go find me a snack! : D

Bonnie the Boss said...

m alwayss tarting weight watchers at the beginning of the week. let's just say i am struggling. These are good bagels.
I need your e-mail.