Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Jake!

Happy Birthday Jake!!
(Do you just love the unfolded laundry in the background?)


Jake is 4 years old. His birthday was yesterday. I tried to blog about it then but blogger was not cooperating. Crazy. I can't believe he's 4 already. He still has such a baby face, to me. But, I'm so happy he is part of our family. He's our little comedian. And he's such a good big brother to Jaxson. He's always singing to him, or playing "little piggies" with him. And if Jaxson starts to cry, Jake is right there saying "It's okay Jaxson, Jakey's here." And, when he wants to be, he is a great helper around the house. We are lucky to have you, Jake. I love you!
We had good fun celebrating last night. He chose to eat at Gerties Pizza. That is an all you can eat Pizza place, and they make several different kinds of Pizza and bring it to your table to see if you want a slice. My favorites are ranch chicken cashew, garlic and tomato, and sauerkraut pizza. Yum. They also make dessert pizza. They make a yummo smore pizza. Then, we went home to eat cake and open presents. We gave him some cars, a view finder, and a memory game. He told me the view finder was "my best present ever!". Good buy on the viewfinder. He got a scooby-do camp chair from Grandparents Blad, and a flying monkey and a car play mat thing from Grandparents Manion. He loved everything. I attempted to make a Lightning McQueen cake using a racecar cake pan that I have. His tires are flat. But he tasted good, and Jake loved it.
Lightning McQueen and his flat tires


Lovin' the view finder


Sharing the view finder

6 comments:

Amber M. said...

What a cutie...and quite the cake! Don't they grow too fast?? Happy birthday to Jake!

Alicia said...

Happy Birthday Jake. My Elise turns four on May 11th and I hear you, it goes too fast. It is amazing she is going to be 4, she's not old enough to be 4.

Ashlee said...

Your cake is awesome...tires and all! :0)

I remember view finders. They are awesome! :0) happy Bday Jake! They do get old so fast. My baby is already 8 and Kenzee only has 5 1/2 months till she turns 3. Wierd! And slightly unfair. Don't you think?

Bonnie the Boss said...

He is adorable. I want to go to that pizza place it sounds great.

Montay said...

Love the cake and yeah I have been in denial about my kids growing up but each day they get bigger and bigger.

Lynn said...

WOW! Awesome Cake! Happy birthday to Jake. Not only is he a handsome little guy, he seems to be the best of friends with his brother.
I noticed the view finder has been updated since I saw them last. Nothing like a classic....looks like he is as excited about one as kids have always been.
Man I am SO hungry for pizza now! Sure wish there was an all you can eat pizza joint here. : D