Christmas related. 3-4 years ago, I made this little primative nativity.
As I was walking around Micheal's today, waiting for some sort of creative inspiration to hit me upside the head, I found some little square wooden frames for $1. I picked 10 of them up, not really knowing what I was going to do with them. Then, while walking down the isle with all the styrofoam & hot glue gun stuff, I noticed the glass pebbles. (I love making magnets with them!) When I saw the glass pebbles, I remembered seeing a post on Becky Higgen's blog. (http://www.beckyhiggins.com/blog/. If you look in her October archives, you can find the post. Someone needs to teach me how to link a site to a word, so you can just click on the word, and voila, you get to the site.) She had created an art piece scrapbook paper, an 8x10 frame, and glass pebbles. The wooden frames I had found would require painting, and were somewhat smaller than the frame she used, but an idea hit me none the less. I must say I am pretty pleased with the outcome. I had some larger sized glass pebbles at home that I had picked up from Target this summer, (I love target!), and I knew I had tons of Christmas paper, so after purchasing the frames, I came home and created these. I had some cute
paper that had "believe" written all over it. So I cut those out, ran them through my little Xyron Create-a-Sticker, and adhered them to the pebbles. It's kind of hard to see in the pictures. I have to apologize for the pictures. I am far from a professional. And a few months ago, Cory dropped our camera on the cement while at a cub scout pack meeting. We can no longer focus on close up pics. Anyway, I hope they like them. I think they are pretty cute!


5 comments:
Those are so great! I love them. Very creative. Can I be your sister in law? ;0)
BTW...when you are creating your post, there is a button that looks like a chain link. If you first highlight the word you are wanting to be "linked", and then click on the button, a little box will pop on your screen and you'll be able to type in the URL address that you want the word linked to. Does that make sense?
Hey...are you related to Darlyn Blad?
She is my sister in law. Why? And thanks for letting me know how to link a word. I'll give it a try later.
She is in my ward. Kylee is in Landon's class at school. Small world huh? They are actually getting baptized on the same day coming up here in January. Crazy huh?
Awsome. I'll get to meet you in person! I wondered if they would get baptised together. Be prepared to be invaded by the Blads!
Post a Comment