Sunday, August 31, 2008

6 Quirks....

Helloooooo!
My sil, Melanie, tagged me to do a 6 quirks meme. I'm a little hesitant to share. Don't want to scare you away. But, here goes.

1. I can't hold still. Drives Cory crazy if he's sitting by me. I'm always bouncing my leg up and down, or wiggling my foot. I think it's my version of ADD. I'm doing it even now with the laptop on my lap. Cory keeps putting his hand on my leg to stop me.

2. I curl my toes under my feet. That's how I sit. It looks really weird. But to me, it's comfortable.

3. I don't like my legs to be constricted. If Cory puts his legs over mine, or the kids lay on my legs, it drives me CRAZY! If I have one leg free, I'm okay. But if I can't move my legs, I feel claustrophobic. Maybe this has to do with quirk #1. I blame it on my 2 older siblings. They used to sit on me and tickle torture me.

4. Because of the tickle tortures in my childhood, I am immune to the whole tickling thing, now. I am not ticklish at all. It's great. Cory is totally ticklish, so I can torture him without any retribution. It's fabulous!

5. I hate it when people scrape silverware on their teeth and plates. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. I can't feed my children with silverware. I have to use plastic ware, or those little spoons with the rubber-type covering on them. I, myself, can use silverware, because I'm careful not to let it touch my teeth.

6. I don't like broken crayons, or crayons that aren't sharp. I always stock up on crayons at the beginning of the school year, so we have sharp crayons at our house. The result is a very large amount of unused broken and un-sharp crayons, wasting away in boxes somewhere. I can't bring myself to throw them away. I keep thinking I make these someday.

So there you have it. I tag everyone (specifically Wendy. Have you created your blog yet?!?) Are you brave enough to share?(If you do, leave a comment that you posted on your blog, so I don't miss it!!)

8 comments:

Melanie said...

Isn't it funny that things that traumatize us in our youth affect us now?

Lynn said...

Oh, I love that number 6 idea!!! I am SO there! I have a MOUNTAIN of old broken crayons. When I went out shopping this week for new ones, I was just SO close to throwing the old ones out, but couldn't bring myself to do it yet.
Thanks for the tip!

Ashlee said...

I did this one a while back. Don't worry, I totally have you beat on quirkiness. :0)

Montay said...

LOve that Idea so fun for the little kiddos hands

Bonnie the Boss said...

I have made those crayons and given them as gifts to my children's friends with a coloring book or pad of paper at christmas. So fun and easy.

Anonymous said...

I deny these preposterous allegations. I don't recall any tickle torture, at least not to the extent that she is insinuating. As for no longer being ticklish, it's a Manion thing. I'm no longer ticklish either. I just decided one day I wouldn't be ticklish anymore and it worked! I told Tyler about it and he did it too. Oddly enough, once he had his tonsils removed he became ticklish again! Maybe we've discovered the real reason for tonsils, tickle defense! Do you still have your tonsils Bonnie?

heidi said...

Oh my gosh, I curl my toes under my feet to when I sit down. I don't even think about it and the other day my nephew asked if that hurt my toes. Too funny. I also had older siblings who use to sit on me and tickle torture me.

Bonnie B. said...

Jeff, I still have my tonsils. Interesting theory.....