We spent a fabulous Memorial Day weekend in Poky. (where else do we ever go?!) I have so much fun when I go to my in-laws. I love my in-laws. They are the best. And there is nothing better than the fun competition that comes from playing a good ol' mexican train game. We usually spend every Memorial Day weekend in Poky. Our second child is buried there. It just doesn't feel right if we aren't there on Monday to take our little family there, decorate his grave, and remind our little ones about their brother. I often wonder what he would look like and what he would be like if he were still here. I often feel overwhelmed that Heavenly Father let such a special little guy be a part of our family. I am grateful for the knowledge that families are forever, and comforted by the fact that we will get a chance to raise him. I like to think of him as a little missionary. None of my Dad's side of the family are LDS, and I just know he's up there teaching them the gospel. I miss him. But I know he is where he is supposed to be, doing what he is supposed to do. Probably shaking his head at my attempt a motherhood, and thanking Heavenly Father he didn't have to be subjected to it here on earth. (lol)
had us all smiling. We left Jaxson in the car. It was COLD and RAINY.
Also, grateful to live in a free country. And so grateful for those who have given their lives to keep it that way. We truly are blessed, aren't we.


6 comments:
Oh you have such a beautiful family! I now get to see your face. You are an amazing person and mother. Thank you for sharing this post! How awesome that you decorate the grave of your little one each year and that you are there to teach your little ones the significance of that. My eyes are wet with tears. I have not met you and I don't know the whole story....but I felt the spirit strong while reading your post. Your family is so special.
Thanks for sharing! Happy Memorial Day to you and yours.
Happy Memorial Day to you, too. You family is darling.
What a wonderful tradition for your family. And what a great way to make sure your wee one is remembered by your other wee ones. :0) Glad you had a great weekend!
Okay, I am sitting here crying. What a powerful testimony you have of eternal families. Thank you for sharing it and giving me a little dose of the spirit to start my day off.
Thank you for sharing your story with all of us!
I love that you do that.. Thank you for sharing your story with us and reminding me to do better each day so We can all be together forever someday.
Post a Comment