Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happy belated Mother's Day!

I hope all my bloggin' buddies out there had a fabulous Mother's Day. I had a great day. Cory got me Dance Dance Revolution for the Wii. So fun! Even though I do look like an idiot while doing it. I have proof. You will not see it. In my mind, I look cool and hip. In my mind I look like someone with rhythm. On the camera I look like an old fat lady with no rhythm, who is longing for the old days. Fabulous. I prefer to stick to the view in my mind. Hopefully the "workout mode" will help look like an old skinny lady eventually. That would be great!

We went to Poky Saturday evening, and stayed over until Sunday. My Poky family (makes them sound slow) usually all get together once a month for a FHE. Yesterday was the day. Melanie (sil) talked about reading the scriptures, and challenged us all to read the BOM in 3-ish months. Then, we played a rousing game of Scriptionary. Even the very young got in on this. It was so fun. We are a very talented group of Blads. Later that evening, we played Mexican train. It's a dominoes game for those of you who don't know. If the Blads were in charge of the Olympics, Mexican train would be an event. There's always a scandal or two. You know, cheating. But it is always fun. And, I won! I'm usually in last place, but yesterday I was in true Mexican Train form. Woohoo! We played until late, so we didn't get home until way late. But it was a great Mother's Day!

I will leave you with some pictures of some of my favorite Moms. If you are not there, it just means I don't have a picture of you. But I still think you are all fabulous Moms, and I'm sending love your way!















4 comments:

Ashlee said...

Love the jogging suits! You look so sassy! :0)

Amber M. said...

We LOVE Mexican Train at our house, too. Wanna play?

Alicia said...

I have never heard of Mexican Train, I guess you'll have to teach me. Cute pictures and glad you had a good Mother's Day. When I am running, in my mind, my body looks like Gwen Stefani, it is always disappointing to come home and look in the mirror, but I can imagine it. You need to post video of Dance Dance Rev.

Lynn said...

LOL! Your family nights and activities sound Fabulously fun!!!!
Which one are you in the pics. I don't think we have "met". Love the colorful jogging suits! And I am SO jealous of your new Wii dance fun. That definitely would make a fun workout for sure.
Glad you had a great Mother's Day!