Hola. (is that spelled right?) We had some good fun last night. I totally forgot it was Cinco De Mayo yesterday, until the evening. And since our house was soooooo toasty (more on that, later), and I didn't want to cook, we went out to eat at La Fiesta. So did everyone else. It was PACKED! But we had so much fun. It was a total party atmosphere. This particular restaurant has a bar area that is separated from the restaurant. They had bouncers at the entrance to the "cantina' checking ID's. They looked like the Pedro's two cousins off o Napoleon Dynomite. So funny. They had employees handing out sombreros and glow sticks. The kids thought it was great fun. All except Jaxson. He was not so fond of the atmosphere. A bit too loud, I think. After dinner was a trip to Target for fabric softener and bike locks. Cory and Gabby and Jake all decided to wear their sombreros in the store. We got some looks. But memories were made, and that's what matters, right?
So, how are you spending your stimulus paycheck? We have affectionatly renamed ours to "The AC Stimulus" paycheck. Why? Because our air conditioner is broken. We have had it recharged every summer for the past 2 years. Come to find out, there are two leaks in the coil. Don't know what that is, but apperantly it's very important, because the part alone will cost around $600. We paid $79 yesterday for them to come tell us there is a leak somewhere, and they can't find it. Then we spent another $246 today for them to come tell us where the leak was, and that the coil can't be repaired. The coil is not a common one, I guess, because they have to hunt one down. Now we are just waiting for them to call us and tell us they found one, and how much. What makes it worse is, we are moving soon (hopefully), so we feel like we are spending money for something we won't use too much. Obviously, we had to fix it. Who wants to buy a house with a broken AC? Thanks, Uncle Sam. We needed the money to stimulate the heating and air conditioning market here in Twin. So much for getting a Cricut. :(
At least the weather has warmed up. And today there is a 20 mph "breeze" to help keep our house cool. And things are starting to bloom. I just love seeing the leaves start to grow, and blossom on the trees. Makes me happy. And, Jaxson is sleeping for longer periods of time at night, so even though I'm not getting many hours of sleep, at least the hours I get aren't constantly interrupted by feedings. So, I guess life is pretty good. Now, if I could just get organized enough (and motivated) to clean my house.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Sounds like there are things that are improving at your house. Are you moving somewhere in Twin Falls? Sorry about the AC thing. that is a pain.
Why clean your house when you have a baby to love on? :-)
We bought a new bed with our stimulus. Hubba hubba.
Yeah!!!! I am so excited to find you here. We are going to donate our stimulus refund from Uncle Sam to UHaul (or Penske, not sure yet). So much for buying fun things with the unexpected money. I guess you do what you have to do.
I agree with amber m. Why clean your house when you have a baby to love on!?!?! Especially one so cute with expressive eyebrows and to-die-for lips to kiss on.
Well, I have you linked to my page so I check in on you here more frequently. Fun!
Last summer when we just put our house on the market the AC died. Maybe it's a curse! :0) It cost us about $700 to fix it too, except we didn't have a nice stimulus check to cover it. OUCH! Sigh.
Fun and I wish We would have gone to La fiesta for the cinco de myo the owner there is awsome we did the kids blessing and baptism lunch there it was so good
Oh man! I sure wish we had weather that required us to have AC. : D
Sorry to hear that yours is not working. I hear your pain on the issues of "fees" just to "find out" what is wrong with it. We just went through the same thing with our dishwasher. What is up with that? I can totally understand that a man needs payment for his time and gas to come out and take a look......but SHEESH.....when you are already here and discovered what was wrong....couldn't you just add that cost into the repair already? Oh well.
I love the picture you put in my mind of your family going into the store with their little sombrero's. LOL! Cute!
Did I tell you that we got a Cricut? Ya..but then we just returned it today. Unopened. Couldn't do it. Need a Bosch dough mixer first. : ( Oh, well. At my age, practicality sets in fast. However.....if we can come up with a plan to add the Cricut to the business and make money off it........
P.S. What is a Stimulus check? We don't get those here.
Next year we might have to go there. We love celebrating cinco de mayo. Sorry about the AC, guess you don't need it today!
Glad Uncle Sam is helping out. I suppose that is one of the things I can be glad for in renting, but it is only one of the few. I am trying to play PollyAnna, can you tell?
Post a Comment