Okay. To tell this story, I have to go back a few weeks. To October 26th, acctually. That's when we had our Ward Halloween party. Alex started feeling "YUK!" halfway through "trunk or treating". When we got home, he had a fever of 103.something. I gave him motrin, which has always been the only thing to ever break his fevers, and about an hour later, I checked it again, and it was 1o2. something. What the heck!? So I gave him tylenol. At about midnight, I checked on him. He was laying in bed, asleep, and sweating to death. But I thought, "Phew! at least the fever finally broke." When I checked on him the next morning, he was laying on his stomach, and I noticed some suspicious looking blisters on his back. Great. He has chickenpox. How did that happen! He had the vaccination and everything. And this didn't turn out to be a mild case, either. He was covered. The whole chickenpox thing wouldn't have been so bad, except that he and his Dad had plans to go fishing in
3 days. Poor Alex had been waiting to on this trip for TWO YEARS! Not kidding. This is the yearly trip to Hells Canyon. You have to be 8 to go. My brother brings his son and comes from Nebraska for this fishing trip. My Dad and several cousins are also involved. Last year, my poor Dad broke his back, so they opted to wait another year. And now because of the chicken pox, the trip may be postponed another year. But, thanks to a blessing, and alot of prayers, Alex started feeling better, and he and Cory just went up a day later. Crisis averted. They actually had a great time. This picture is (from left to right) my brother Jeff, nephew Tyler, Dad, Alex, and Cory. I love this picture.
Okay, so for the next chapter of this drama. When they got back from the trip, Madi is not feeling well. Complaining of sore throat and she has a barky cough. No fever, and by Monday, she was feeling much better. On Wed, Gabby woke up with a fever, and a little cough. I just thought it was the same thing Madi had, and I kept her home from school. On my birthday, my parents came over to stay with the kids so Cory and I could go out to dinner. When we got back, Gabby had another fever. Great. Next morning, same thing. Fevers of 102/103 all day. I would give her tylenol or motrin, and she would feel better, but was so weak. Not eating or drinking much. Monday, still with the fevers, but it seemed they were lower. Around noon, fevers were back up to 102/103. This was so abnormal for her. She never has fevers that long. And then I started to notice she was breathing awfully fast. And then she said it hurt to breath. So I called and made a Dr's appt. She couldn't even walk into the office for the appt. Her fever at this point was 105.1. What!! Turns out she had pneumonia. So we spent 3 days in the hospital. Several needle pokes, and 3 doses of IV Rocephin later, she was looking
and feeling better. I took my camera to the hospital, but never took a single picture, until we got home. This is Gabby being so happy to be home. She was so brave while in the hospital. The nurses gave her a cute quilt with frogs on it, and a little rag doll someone made and donated. We call it no-face, because, yep, it has no face. She had several visitors, including her teacher from school. She brought a little book that all of Gabby's classmates signed. It was so funny to read the get well wishes from a bunch of 1st graders. Her best friend, Kyndra, also came and saw her. Kyndra was in the hospital about 3-4 weeks ago. What a way to bond.
So, hopefully this is the last chapter of the story. It is still in the developing stages. This morning Madi woke me up saying her right side hurt. Saying those famous mother words, "Do you need to go potty?", I sent her to the bathroom. And that's where she's been all morning. She's throwing up, and her side still hurts. It she had a fever ( which she doesn't, thank heavens!) I would swear she has appendicitis. Wouldn't supprise me in the least. Here's hoping this is the shortest chapter in the story.
I wonder what Santa is bringing us this year? Oh, I know. I bet it's a bunch of hospital and Dr's bills. Happy holidays.


2 comments:
wowwy
I've been waiting for the next installment. ;0) Did everything turn out ok?
Post a Comment