So, Madi didn't have appendicitis after all. And we are all healthy. Amazing. But, gosh, I'm so grateful for that! So, a quick catch up. We had our ultrasound on the 20th. We are expecting a boy. Gabby cried for about 15 minutes. She wanted a sister so bad! She has since gotten over it, and was so excited when she felt him move.He's healthy, and for that I am truely grateful. I've been a little paranoid about this pregnancy, because of my age. I know that's kinda silly, but it's been on my mind. But now that the baby is moving (alot!) I'm feeling a little more relaxed.
Moving on to Thanksgiving. We went to my parents house in Burley, and
my sister came up from Utah with her cute baby and her husband. We had so much fun. We played games and laughed and stayed up late and had good fun. On Thanksgiving, Mom had so many activities for the kids to do. One was this turkey made of fruit. I thought it ended up looking a bit like a turtle with turkey feathers. But whose to say there wasn't a turtle at the first Thanksgiving, right?
She also had the kids make place card turkeys out of their finger prints. They loved being
creative with Grandma.
All in all, it was a fabulous time with wonderful family. I am so grateful for my family. And so glad that we are close. I just wish my brother could have been there with his family, too.
Cory and I came home to Twin on Thurs night, so we could go shopping. We did good. Usually we spend money on tons of movies and stuff we don't really need. The budget is a little bit tighter this year, so we did really good to only get the things on our list. I just wish we could find a Wii somewhere. We went to Costco Tues am to get one, but apperantly there was a line before the store even opened, and the 24 they had just been shipped were gone in 2 minutes. Crazy! I looked on Amazon.com the day after Thanksgiving and the consoles were going for around $270. Today on amazon.com they are starting at around $550, used. That is so insane! I think we will problably end up just waiting until after Christmas, when the demand has gone back down.
We have been having a problem with our dsl being extremely slow. It was taking 3-5 minutes for a page to load, if it would even load at all. It has been so frustrating. While at work today, I googled "slow dsl" and printed off some ideas to try to fix the problem. The first thing we tried, worked! Woohoo! I can once again feed my blog addiction! Turns out, when we recieved the kit, Cory just used the phone cord we had with our dial-up. Apperently, you should use the one they send you. I'm just glad I hadn't packed it away. Anyway, we have fast internet again, and it's faster than we ever thought it was going to be. Yah!


1 comment:
Glad to hear you are all doing well!
My sis in law is 35 and pregnant too, though she won't find out gender until next month. She's been having a rough time with this one too. It's baby #5 for her. Congrats on a boy! Boys are so much fun as I'm sure you know. ;0)
It took me two weeks and some stalking to find a Wii for my son for Christmas. I found out when every single store in town had their deliveries and called every time a truck came in. I got mine a few weeks ago at Fred Meyer. They were even so nice as to hold it for me (they only had one!) until I could get there. Only minor speeding violations occured. ;0)
Good luck on your hunt!
Post a Comment