Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Baby, it's cold outside!!!!



You know why they call these magic gloves? Because one of them will inevitably dissapear (just like socks). At our house, we have about 15 lonely little magic gloves withour a buddy. Lucky for me, my kids aren't too picky about having gloves that match, cause when the tempurature is in the single digits day after day after day, you just want something to cover your hands. Fashion goes right out the window at this point.
It has been snowing everyday since Friday. The first couple of days it was fun. Even for a snow-disliker like me, the anticipation of the first "real" snow is exciting and fun. Now, I'm ready for April. Seriously. I am not a fan of driving on icy roads. I guess most people don't that, but I am so over having my heart pounding out of my chest while I drive 20 miles an hour down the road. If my husband is home, I make him drive me everywhere. Call me a wimp if you must.
Now that I'm done complaining (thanks for staying tuned) I will share our FHE from last Monday. I got the idea from The McIllece Spot. Well, I didn't have a can, so I just used a gift bag, and did "FHE in a bag". It was a hit! The kids loved it. I did mine a little differently. I took a little tree (perfect size for a table centerpiece), and as I talked about each symbol, the kids took turns putting ornaments (that represented the symbol) on the tree. We are keeping it on our table so the kids can look at it, and hopefully remember the lesson and the true meaning of Christmas.





There were more pictures, but most of them had me in them, and I did NOT look fabulous. So, you'll just have to trust me when I say, It was a successful FHE. And at our house, that is great.

BTW, it's snowing...again. Stupid weather.com said it would be a clear day today. Not so much.

7 comments:

Montay said...

Happy first snow storm to you!!

Lynn said...

Oh I hear you about the missing mittens and the yucky roads for driving!

Thanks for the FHE idea! That is SO cute! Especially the little mini tree to put everything on. Cute!

Ashlee said...

At least you were good enough to look forward to the first snow of the year. I am usually praying we don't get any. :0)

Melanie said...

Great idea with putting the ornaments on a little tree! I love it! We did it and put the ornaments on our big tree. I will have to get a tree when they go on clearance!

Amber M. said...

SO GLAD it was a hit at your house, too.

marcikay said...

sorry, i know i'm a minority.. but i LOVE snow! it makes me so so happy (this always ticks dj off) and late at night i love to drive in storms.. chelsea and i decided last year we should be snowplow drivers.. we'd love it!

Janet said...

I'm with you on the snow. Our 1st storm was over the weekend so Allan had to drive. I didn't drive until Monday when most it was off the roads.