Here are some random momemts and thoughts from our life.
Family Home Evening...
We are brilliant. We have discovered how to have a simple FHE lesson with the kids actually paying attention. We have the lesson while we eat dinner. I think it will work with simple gospel topics. Last week we talked about prayer...how to prepare for the prayer (fold arms, etc.) and how to behave during the prayer. The 4yo is having a difficult time with that one. Tonight when we blessed the food, he was sneaking olives. So we made him fold his arms while everyone else got to get food first. Believe me, for a kid who loves food, it was a harsh punishment. Anyway, back to last week. We also set goals to have personal prayer morning and night, and family prayer nightly. We did mostly good. Did good with the family prayer goal, but we still need to work on the personal prayer goal. Tonight, we talked about how to behave at the dinner table and at restaurants. We are the poster family for how not to behave. You know, sharing bodily funtions, crawling across the table to get the item you want, feet on the table (not me, that's a kid issue). So tonight we discussed manners, and practiced passing the food to each other, and saying please and thank you. I believe it was a success. So, two FHE's in a row. (patting myself on the back). We're on a roll!
Kids..
Last night, Cory and I went to a meeting for being ushers at the Temple open house. We ate dinner, and then it was time to go to the meeting. I left Madi in charge (we took the baby with us) and left instructions for the kids to clear the table and load the dishwasher. When we got home, we had the same "hell froze over" moment Bonnie ( a different Bonnie) had with her kids. They had not only cleared the table and loaded the dishwasher, bet they had also straightened up their rooms, swept the kitchen floor, picked up the family room, and picked up our bedroom. I realize it was the Sabbeth, and cleaning the house may not have been the most appropriate activity for them, but I didn't want to say anything to deter them from doing it again. We'll have to have a FHE on appropriate Sabbeth day activities. Last night we just showered them with praise and and chocolate chip cookies. ( the Otis Spunkmeyer ones from Costco...yum!) And I ever so politely ignored Gabby's question of "Do we get payed?".
And here is a picture of Jaxson and Gabby watching Camp Rock. Gab got him all set up and comfy to enjoy the show.
House...
Our house may never sell here in Twin, but that hasn't stopped us for looking for homes in IF. Three weeks ago we found a house we absolutely loved. It was perfect. It had been on the market for 300 days. It was brand new. Someone bought it the next week. That was a bit discouraging. We looked the next week and found a few that we liked, but when we went through them again this last week, I realized they had absolutely no closets. Seriously. One had a coat closet that was like 2 feet wide. And the other house didn't have any. No coat closets or linen closets. The bedrooms had closets, but that's it. I need storage. Obviously the plans were drawn up by a man, because no woman in her right mind would build a house without closets. So, after that I became a bit discouraged...again. Then we found another perfect house. The only problem it it's built by someone that is not really friendly with Merlin's Insultation (The family buisiness, and our livelihood). This is the floorplan. Notice all the closets. The basement isn't finished, and we'd have to put in fence and lawn. But I loved this house. We're hoping they'll do an early occupancy option where we'll pay rent until our house sells. Keep your fingers crossed!
Beading...
I've started beading again. When I went to girls night last time, one of the babies was sporting a binky keeper that was beaded. I made one for Jaxson. Then the bug hit and I've been beading while we travel back and forth across Southern Idaho. Here's are a few things I've made.

So, that's life here. We've got a family reunion this week, so I probably won't post till next week. So I hope y'all have a fabulous 4th of July, and enjoy being free!!!


5 comments:
Good luck with the house thing...what stres!
Your beading are beautuful...love the necklace.
I'm loving that necklace! I didn't realize you were so talented with the beads! Shame on you for not sharing! :0)
good luck with the house thing. I know it's stressful. When the right one comes along, it will all work out. :0)
You are a little busy, aren't you? I love the FHE idea. Captive audience...
I am also thinking you should show us how to bead! You are so talented!
LOL! Love your FHE ideas. How can they NOT listen when they are there already with their hungry tummies and FULL mouths.
You crack me up. I couldn't stop laughing with your post about the kids cleaning up the house. I bet that was something else, to see and come home too. If only kids knew how much that makes us happy.
Good luck with the house hunting and selling. I LOVE the floor plan you are looking at. That house is MASSIVE for that low price. I am thinking I need to move to your area. The houses here cost an ARM and a LEG and they are WAY less the square footage you are looking at. Have fun hunting!
You are such a talented girl. Love the bead work. BTW---Love that photo of the kids propped up in front of the TV. SO cute!
So I love the kids clean thing I swear if it ever happens at my place I will let the entire world know I may call the newspaper I love the binkie holder and the mad skills at beading What is this? You have been holding out on us!!
Post a Comment