So, this will be my catch up post. Randomness at it's finest. It may be long, so be warned. Or, maybe I'll just
split it up into a few posts....we'll see.
Weddings...
June is the month for weddings, right? Well, we had two. The first was Cory's sister, Darlyn. She got married here in Twin on the 13th. Yes, Friday the 13th. They met on a Friday the 13th which is why they chose that day to get married. Her husband, Chris, is a BASE jumper. He's an awesome guy, and we are so totally excited for both of them. They wanted to get married under the Perrine bridge at the landing spot for the BASE jumpers, but the boat to ferry people was way way too much. It was a fun little party. They had a bounce house for all the kids to play in. Can't say I've ever seen that at a wedding, but it was definitely a big hit. Lots of yummy food, too. It was a great day,and we are glad to see her so happy again.
Movies...
We've rented a few videos this month. Last night we we watched Fools Gold. Holy cow, what a great movie. If you haven't seen it, you really should. We laughed. Last week we rented Dan in Real Life. On the back of the movie case it says this movie is a "hilarious comedy". Not so much. It was a good movie, but I kept waiting for the hilarious part, and it never came. Tonight we're going to watch The Spiderwick Chronicles. Hope it's as good as we expect it to be!
Update- We watched Spiderwick last night, and it was a great show!! If you haven't seen it, you should.
Carmen Rasmussen...
A couple weekends ago, Carmen Rasmussen came to Burley. You remember her. She was one of the top 12 in season 2 of American Idol. Cory and I took the 2 girls, while the boys all stayed with Grandma and Grandpa. Yes, even Jaxson stayed, and did awesome! Anyway, she did a little concert and told a few stories from her book, "Staying in Tune". It was awesome. Of course, I left the camera at home, so no pictures. But we bought her book, and her CD. We love Carmen!
So,we've got Alex in baseball right now. I love watching him play. Usually Cory is the coach, but since we didn't know if we'd still be here (wishful thinking), he didn't sign up to coach this year. Big mistake. I never thought I'd be one of those Moms, but seriously, PLAY MY KID! I mean, really, Alex is the only one that gets substituted out, and it's usually only after he plays 2 innings. They had a game on Tuesday. We only had 9 kids show up. (I wonder why? Come to find out, I'm not the only parent with issues!) So, Alex got to play the whole game. Unfortunately, they didn't play as good as the coach thought they should. I thought they played okay. They're only 9 and 10 years old. And the other team's coach also coached Legion ball, so he actually knew how to coach. They were really good. Anyway, after the first inning, they all just sort of fell apart and did horribly. I attribute that to the coach yelling at them the whole game. Yeah, yelling. Get a grip, dude! He kept telling Alex to cover the first base if the first baseman
ran to catch a ball. Um, no. That would be the pitcher's job. Anyway. After the game, he made them run laps around the field. What! Yeah, I think this guy has a problem. One of the parents said, "No coach, I don't think so.", grabbed his kid, and turned to the other coaches (yes, this guy put together a coaching staff. His "staff" also thinks he's an idiot), and said (or rather, yelled) "He'd better change his attitude! These kids are here to play and have fun!" or something like that. I should have piped up with a "hear hear", but I'm too much of a wimp. So I hope this season doesn't sour Alex on baseball. It's his favorite sport, and he's actually pretty good, I think.
Well, this has taken me 2 days to type, so I'm just going to go ahead and post what I have so far. I promise I'll write more later. I just know I have tens of adoring fans out there, dying to know what my cute little family is up to. And Wendy, I promise I did not intentionally make you wait forever for this post. I'm happy it makes your day to read all about my life. Yes, you should totally start a blog!!!!!!!


8 comments:
I was gonna ask "Where ya been, lady?" when a new post from you popped up on my google reader. But then I actually just read your post and will just say that I've missed you, too.
I always miss you Bonnie! :0)
I watched Fool's Gold last weekend and liked it too. Also watched the Bucket list and loved it!
Sounds like you have been super busy! Try to stay above water! :0)
Okay little missy who says I never comment - I finally did comment on your last post, you just didn't bother to read it I guess. Hehe. Anyway - I was so happy to see something new to read and to hear all the news. THANK YOU!
I actually tried to start a blog the other day and when I asked my DH for ideas on what to call it he wrinkled up his nose and said he didn't know if he was comfortable with out "personal life" being broadcast on the internet. Like I'm Oprah doing a talk show. Anyway - he says it's more a safety/identity fraud issue so I'm just trying to do my homework so I can ease his mind, then I'm planning on starting one. We'll see if it ever happens.
Holy huge post, batgirl! Always entertaining though, so totally worth it. ;) Sorry to miss you this month. Hope you got the treats I sent with my hubbie. It has been a bit of a rough month. Hopefully next one is better. Need any help getting ready for the move?
I found your blog through LDS Women Blogs. I loved reading about your experience in the sealing room. I've never felt a more powerful presence than I have in those rooms.
Hey girl nice to see ya back in the blog world. The coach sounds like he needs a chill pill yes I am a product of the 80's what can I say buut really he does good luck on that one and have a fun summer.
I was about to call the authorities to go check on you. It sounds like a fun filled, good food filled summer so far. Glad you are back.
Welcome back! I missed you!
Congrats on ALL the weddings! WOW!
And about the baseball...good for you. You stick up for your little man. I just can't believe some adults these days. Too outrageous. So hard to believe. WHo is the adult anyway, eh?
Glad you are back!
Post a Comment