Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Lovin' the coupons

I am really lovin' this coupon stuff. I made a trip to Albertson's on Tuesday and Wednesday this week. If you plan your trip, use coupon, and heed the advice of people like Coupon Clippin' Cutie, A Thrifty Mom, and Pinching Your Pennies, your can really get a lot of stuff for your pantry/food storage.

I'm still pretty much a beginner, but my trip on Tuesday had me giggling by the end. It's so fun watching the total drop, and drop, and drop, with all the coupons and discounts.

Here's what I got....

TUESDAY

5 LBS braeburn apples
mascarra (clearanced)
foundation makeup (clearanced)
4 boxes of Bagelfuls
2 lbs chunk cheese
4 boxes Krusteaz muffin mix
4 bags Sara Lee bread
12 pack of Cherry Diet Dr Pepper
4 bottles Kraft bbq sauce
1 bag fritos
6 Kraft easy mac & cheese
2 boxes ritz crackers
2 glade air freshener kits

payed $40.60
saved $77.12

WEDNESDAY

3 boxes Cinnamon Toast Crunch
2 boxes Albertson's brand Cereal
1 box Frosted Mini Wheats
3 boxes Frosted Flakes
6 pack of Yoplait Yogurt
2 packs of Kraft American Cheese
2 bags Albertsons shredded cheese
12 oz Albertsons chunck cheese
2 Green Giant steamers -corn
4 lbs Chicken

payed-$27.50
saved-$55.03

The saved price includes coupons, store sales, and manufacturer promotions for buying a specific number of specified items. For example, on Tuesday, there was a kraft promotion going on. Buy $10 worth of participating products, get $3 off. I bought 4 boxes of bagelfuls for $2.50 each to equal $10. Minus $3 makes it 4 boxes for $7. Minus four $1 off manufacture coupons (mq)making it 4 boxes for $3 dollars. And when you are trying to build food storage, I think it's better to have food your family will actually eat. I have a LONG way to go to get to the 90% savings that I've seen others do. But it's fun, and our food storage is growing!!!

3 comments:

marcikay said...

you are good.. most of the time i'm doing good to have a list..

but seriously, it sounds fun..

i'll get back on my feet first!!

Ali said...

Yay!!!!! It can be so addicting. Thanks for the hat tip! Sounds like you are doing great!

Tanielle said...

Awesome!!! I have got to try harder with this!

Thanks for stopping by, and entering my giveaway. I grew up in Idaho and miss it terribly, especially since that is still where most of my family lives:-)

Hope your weekend is great!