Tuesday, January 13, 2009

YW birthday gifts

My calling in our ward in Beehive advisor in Young Womens. (young womens is the girls in our ward, ages 12-18). Love it. YW's is so much fun. Even all the hormone driven soap opera crap. The other Beehive leader and I were put in charge of the YW birthday gifts this year. This is what we came up with.



She cut the wood and painted it, and brought it over to me Sunday night. I printed up the words on the computer, inked up the edges of the papers, modpodged it all on, added the ribbon and flower, and voila...inexpensive gift. I was so happy with the way it turned out. Now we just have to make about 30 more.

I also saw these ideas...

Melinda is making these necklaces for her YW. She has a tutorial here.



Melinda also has an etsy shop, and is selling some cute wooden decorations that are related to this years theme of "Be thou an example of the belivers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity." 1 Timothy 4:12. This one is my favorite.



And you can get the unfinished kit for $2.50. $2.50!!!! What a steal. But, she is a generous lady, and has posted the pattern for free on her blog, if you have the tools to make it on your own.


And I saw these at kellieannie's etsy shop. She designs the graphics herself. So talented, and so cute!!! $8 might be too much for your whole YW, but what a cute gift for new beehives coming in, or Seniors who are leaving!




So, there ya go. Hope this inspires you in some way today!

5 comments:

marcikay said...

Oh my gosh! all so so cute!
Now I wish I were back in YW.. well, kinda! :)
I hope I don't lose these ideas - I'm assuming I'll be back in once the little girls come of age!

Bonnie the Boss said...

Oh, my gosh!!!!! Such darling ideas!

Lynn said...

GREAT ideas!!!!

Ashlee said...

So, can I be in your YW? Those are so stinking cute! I want one too! :0)

Montay said...

I am wish Ashlee I want to be in your YW. But even more I want you to come back for a girls night. We miss you. Hope everything is great with you and yours