Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Life...

So what's going on at our house?

*My 10 year old asked me why I don't have any chores. I. was. speechless. I truely did not know how to respond to that. But then it came to me. I started naming off everything I do on a daily basis. I think he decided maybe taking out the garbage and picking up the front room before playing on the computer isn't so bad.

*My 4 year old is talking like my 12 year old. He now says "sweetness" for anything he thinks is remotely cool. Which is pretty much everything. I caught myself saying it tonight. Dang kids.

*I have so many loads of laundry to wash, dry, fold, or put away, I don't even know where to begin. It's in the double digits. I hate laundry.

*I have a lesson to do, a YW fundraiser to finish, my room and bathroom to clean (because apparently I don't have any other chores), a really lot of laundry to do, and no motivation to do it.

*Our home in Twin Falls still hasn't sold. And the ecomomy is wreaking havoc on the construction business right now. Kinda scary.

on the brighter side...

*Jaxson is waving now. On cue, even. If he hears the word "goodby", he starts shaking both arms up and down. It's so cute. It makes me smile.

*Thanks to my sister, I have a new book to read. It's called "the mother in me". It's a compilation of stories about being a mom. It's sure to inspire, lift my spirits, and pull me out of these January blues that hit me every year. Thanks Wendy!

*My house is still mostly clean from Gabby's family birthday party. Mostly clean.

*Lastly, I have a warm home, food to eat, healthy kids (knock on wood), and a family who loves me. I am a lucky gal.

9 comments:

Janet said...

I got that one day from Mike when I asked him to do something, he asked what do you do all day? I think laundry is just a check off the list I did some today. It will never all be done, unless you make them run around naked. Lois said now after 40+ years and no kids at home that laundry is eazy so gosh I only have 20 more years and you have a few more than that!

Lynn said...

Oh Bonnie! I love the way you write and think. You crack me up. I like the humor between the trials...er....lines. : D

How about an update picture of Jaxson? Would love to see how he's growing!

Ali said...

I love you! I have double digits laundry to do as well, only I am not going to do it today. I am going to CVS for some shopping therapy. ;)

Have a great day!!! Kiss Jaxson's beautifully perfect lips for me. ;)

marcikay said...

I too, have so much laundry, its not even funny.. Not just everyday laundry.. Like, I'm waaaaay behind laundry.. I'm trying to catch up, just not hard enough, apparently

Bonnie the Boss said...

It sounds a litle like life here! Hang in there. Spring and Summer are on their way.

Melanie said...

I so agree with the laundry thing. It is my least favorite thing to do. Hang in there! Maybe it's time for another girls' day!

Amber M. said...

Show me a mommy that dowsn't have chores and I'll show you a daddy.

Seriously.

I would have grounded him...:-)

Montay said...

Laundry is a dirty word!! I am with Amber Time out for that little one.. Hope you have a great day stop by next time you are in twin.

bebe said...

Just found your blog. It's so cute! My kids think I do nothing, too. *sigh*

Is it just my experience, or is everyone named "Bonnie" a "Bonnie B." at some point in life? I'm right there with ya sista--with the name, the 5 kids, and all of it!