Saturday, January 31, 2009

For Just One Week...

To learn more about For Just One Week, click here.


I think I will pronounce my first attempt at "For Just One Week" a success. I did get my bed made every day (except one day, when my husband made it for me because he wanted me to succeed...aaawwwww, so sweet!). And I did manage to persuade the laundry that had taken up residence on the couch to find real estate in the kid's rooms. That one took all week, but at this moment, there isn't any laundry left on my couch. Woohoo!!
So Liz the Ice Cream Lady has added another aspect of goal setting to the "For Just One Week" method. She has discovered the joy of setting combo goals. (go here for more info) Basically, it's setting a goal to help you do more of one thing, and less of another. Like- I won't do...until I've done... She has explained it really well on her blog, so click on the link for a much better explanation.
Now, on to the new goals. For just one week, I will do the dishes before I go to bed, every night. And for a combo goal...For just one week I will not turn on the computer until the kitchen and living room are tidied up. That one will be hard. I'm an Internet addict. But, I will do my best! If you'd like to join in, check out Liz's blog (link above) and make sure to add your name to Mr Linky, so we can read about your goals. Good Luck!

4 comments:

Ice Cream said...

You go girl! The trick for keeping the computer goal, for me, is making sure I completely shut it down before I go to bed at night.
Good luck, and thanks again for ding this with me. I really appreciate it.

Amber M. said...

Way to go, Idaho! Isn't Liz great? I'm still working on coming up with my combo goal for the week, but I'm sure mine will involve something with chores and computer, too. Yikes.

Lynn said...

Whoo HOoo!!! Doesn't it feel AWESOME when our goals are completed?! Good for you. I think I need to jump on this band wagon as soon as I get more settled into this NO spending month challenge. My whole HEAD is wrapped up in that one for now..

Amber M. said...

Hey Bonnie...I did do mice, but it was last Christmas. With candy cane tails? Could that be them??

We're moving this summer to Washington state. I don't mind moving there, I just don't want to leave HERE.

Sigh.