Thursday, November 13, 2008

Good grief....

So, now what's my excuse? I wish I could say I was unbelievably busy. That would sound better than "I've been neglecting laundry, housework, and exercise to waste time on the computer." So, if I've been on the computer, why haven't I been blogging about my fabulously exciting life? Because, I have a new addiction.



It is so fun to reconnect with old friends. And, it's like the ultimate digital pet type toy. You can send newly planted seeds to your friends, and they will grow after a few days. You can send Christmas gifts to your friends, and the ones sent to you go under your tree. You can send smiles. You can have a pet. There are games to play. You can join groups, like "I'm a fan of President Hinkley". (There is really a fan club for Him...so cool.) And now, I've discovered you can kidnap your friends. That's a fun game to play. In order to escape, they have to answer a question about the city where you have hidden them. Seriously, I have spent WAY too much time on it.

Also, I've been reading this blog. I'm a little addicted to it, too. It says on the sidebar that it's fiction. But even though it says that, it's so easy to get sucked into the writing. It's like a blog soap opera. And another way I've been wasting time.

I'm blaming it all on the weather. The change in weather has made it really hard to get motivated to do anything but snuggle under a blanket and put off everything else. Anyway, I'm vowing to do better. I do have alot to blog about.

I had my 36th birthday on Monday. I've never really had a problem with getting older before. This birthday was hard. I really don't know why. I think I just really like the 30's, and am enjoying my kids, and don't really want it to change, ya know?
I told Cory that all I wanted for my birthday was for him to get the kids up and take them to school so I could sleep in. He totally did it. He called in to work and told them He'd be in late, and then took care of it all. When I tried to help Gabby with her hair, she became offended and said, "I already did it!! Dad said you were supposed to sleep in, so I did it myself." It was so hard to let her go to school with her hair looking like it was done by a 7 year old. But I did. It was a good day...up until I forgot to pick my kids up from school. Yep. I really did. They had an early release day that I totally forgot. They got out at 1:40. At 2:00, the school called. I thought,"I hope nobody got hurt, or is sick. Here is the conversation:

Secretary- Mrs. Blad?
Me- This is she.
Sec- I've got Alex and Gabby here in the office.
Me- (That's wierd..I wonder why they are both there. What did they do?) Okay?
Sec- They are waiting for a ride home.
Me- (...???...) Oh crap! I totally forgot it was early release today! I'll be right there!

And for the rest of the day, felt like loser Mom.
We went out to eat at Bajio, and Cory's sister and family came with us. It was yummmmm. Afterwards, Cory took me to Deseret Book and bought me this...



And part of this...



And then we went home and ate this...



Chocolate Tuxedo Mousse Cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory. Actually, we got it at Sam's Club. It was soooooo yummy!

And I guess 36 isn't so bad.

6 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh to be 36 again! *sigh* : D HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Oh you would have to show the pics of your birthday dessert now wouldn't you....I am off to go and try and find some left over Halloween Chocolate....anything chocolate. I am so weak. : P

First, I have to tell ya', I have no clue what Facebook is all about. Everyone keeps talking about it and tells me how addicting it is. I am starting to believe them. I am doing whatever I can to stay away. I have too many addictions all ready....

Now where is that chocolate???...............

Ashlee said...

Happy belated birthday! So glad you enjoyed your day {for the most part}. :0)

That nativity set is gorgeous. I want one now too. :0)

Melanie said...

You're 39, remember? I hope you know I really don't think you are 39! It's just the joke in this family. Anyway, glad you enjoyed your birthday. And, Facebook is addicting!

Montay said...

Sounds like a great day well most of it! Happy B day!!!

marcikay said...

happy late birthday bonnie! our bugging of wendy hasn't worked, but i haven't given up on her yet! i hate early out days.. they completely throw me off! every week i forget about it.. so you shouldn't feel bad about the forgetting! it was your birthday and its all about you! (haha) i don't do facebook, but my chelsea is totally addicted, plus i don't think she wants me to, because we'd have to be friends and then i could read her wall!

Amber M. said...

Happy birthday to you! You don't look a day over 29.:-)

I have as of now avoided Facebook. But I would have a much harder time avoiding that darn cheesecake!