So, good grief! So much to catch up on! Seriously, I can't even remember the last 2 1/2 weeks. I guess I'll just tell ya what I can remember.
Highlights...
*we noticed Jaxson's 1st tooth on Oct 22nd.
*Gabby and Alex both have straight A's on their report cards this quarter. And both are top AR readers in their class.
*Alex tripled his AR goal.
*The kids all had fun dressing up for spirit week at their schools.
*I'm now the room mom for Alex's class, kinda last minute. They had their Halloween party yesterday. We watched a movie and ate popcorn. I felt like it was lame, but they loved it.
*Helped set up for the school book fair. I love books. Bookfairs are not a good thing for me to attend.
*Decorated an empty classroom for an AR reading room. The theme was "RIP" (read in peace) The kids got to read in the dark with flashlights. It was a hit!
*Went to the Ward harvest festival. LOTS of people and not enough room. But, fun anyway.
Remember that new calling I was telling you about? Well, I've finally been sustained. I'm the new Beehive advisor. (that's the 12-13 year old girls in our church.) There are 14 of them right now. Wow. I'm really excited, though. It will be fun to experience Young Women's with Madi. And she says she's excited I'm in there with her. There's one more thing to keep me busy!!
Cory just got back from a fishing trip with Alex and my Dad. They went to Hell's Canyon last Friday, and got home this past Wednesday. They seem to have had lots of fun. Alex caught a few fish, and was pretty proud of himself. When he wasn't catching fish, he was starting campfires. He's such a pyro. Here are some pics...
Mom came to stay with me while the boys were fishing. It was a lifesaver to have another adult in the house. Thanks Mom, It was fun having you here! I don't like being alone. I'm glad I'm not a single parent. Those people have it rough! I don't think I could ever make it. Jaxson started crawling while Cory was gone. Of course, Cory had the camera, so no pics. He also started pulling himself up to standing position at the couch and anything else that would support him. Unfortunately, he's pretty wobbly once he gets standing, so he falls over a lot. He keeps crawling into the laundry baskets and getting stuck. It's almost impossible to get anything done when he's awake. He is constantly going, putting things in his mouth, bonking his head...he's a busy boy!
Well, that's a little bit of a catch-up. Time to go get something done while Jaxson's still asleep. Happy Halloween!


7 comments:
Holy! You are a STEAM engine! Full speed ahead! : D
Love the post. THanks for taking some time to share. Glad to see that your kids are doing SO well in school, eh? THat is AWESOME! You're doing great with them.
Congrats on your new calling! Think of all the Young Women that can do babysitting for you. *wink*
Jaxson is getting SO big. He is Darn cute!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!
Glad your back to the land of the posting I think the other blog is almost died.
Hope you have a fun Halloween!
Dang, you HAVE been busy, girl!
Yes, welcome back. I agree about being busy. I like to fill my time with things I want to do. Sounds like everyone is doing good and having fun!
Busy = stress for me as well. I think the only people who love busy don't have kids.
Great pics from the fishing I am way impressed.
Tell your SIL thanks for commenting.
Fun! Busy, but fun. I thought you might appreciate this little tid bit of info. Eli's class has 11 kids in it and 3 room moms. Count them 1...2...3. Talk about overkill right? Haha.
You are one Busy Moma!!
Post a Comment